Well I finished my holiday eating, I’m done digesting, and now I’m ready to start blogging again. I liked Tracy’s Year End List so much I decided to do one myself. I believe it takes some time to truly understand the past, and that is why I waited until today to review 2011- not because I’m a procrastinator.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I started a blog and I went skydiving. The blog was a lot less scary.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes! I resolved to make my bed every day and I have except for vacations and colds. This year I made a resolution to organize my desk every night. And I made a mini goal of selling 500 BeddyByes by June.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Kenya, Mexico, and Spain. And the Dubai airport for 8 hours. Does that count?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
My company, BeddyBye LLC, up and running…and super successful.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 5th when I decided to quit my job. August 5th , our 3 year anniversary. October 18th, Challenge day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Deciding to quit my job and not having a plan – I’ve never been a risk taker before. Also, coming up with an idea for a new product and actually following through. It would have been very easy to dismiss it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I always feel like I’m not working hard or fast enough.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a dry socket after getting my wisdom teeth removed. This is when a blood clot doesn’t form over the new hole in your jaw bone so the raw nerve is completely exposed. I went to an online support group (yes, it was so bad I needed online support) and one woman said it was more painful than when she gave birth. I’ve never had a baby, but I’m going to assume she’s accurate.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Toshiba Portege. I’ve always been an Apple girl, so it was scary switching to the other side, but I’m so glad I did. This computer is so fast, so light, and has incredible memory – not to mention it was half the price of the most comparable Apple.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Food. And where did most of that go? My hips.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Focusing on the HeSo project. It’s funny how little time most people spend thinking about what will make them happier and more fulfilled.
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Oh boy this is difficult. Adele’s Someone like You. I don’t know why I love breakup songs so much.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Poorer
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Work on my fiction writing.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watching t.v. Damn you Real Housewives!!!
18. What was your favorite TV program?
Portlandia and Happing Endings.
19. What were your favorite books of the year?
20. What were your favorite films of the year?
21. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 and Mike took me to see Cirque du Soleil’s Zarkana. It was so exciting!
22. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A four day trip to a warm island without any culture so I wouldn’t feel guilty about spending the whole day sipping cocktails at the beach.
23. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
“Who needs more than one pair of jeans?”
24. What kept you sane?
Marla sleeping on my lap. And Mike laughing at me when I take myself to seriously.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
I’d love to hear your answers to these questions. Leave a comment!